An arcade-styled combination of a puzzle game and a shooter.
How to Play
- Press O to insert a coin
- Press P to pause
- Use WASD to move
- Hold Z to advance enemies manually
- Press Space to play (and to fire)
- Match same-colored blocks in lines of 3 or more horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- Grab blocks by moving downwards into them, or by catching them. Release them with the fire button.
- You can hold up to 3 blocks; trying to catch a 4th will kill you.
- The block grid fills a little bit whenever you die.
- Push blocks sideways by moving into them.
Chromavaders is far from done. But it is in a good enough state for people to play it and give useful feedback. These items are on the burner, in no particular order:
- Revise some game mechanics to give the player more control
- An attract mode that properly features gameplay and the tutorial
- Online high scores
- Compose music
- More game modes, for both one player and two
- Improve the AI
- Secure licenses for game console dev kits
- Extra graphical effects (animation, CRT scanlines/screen distortion, etc.)
Get in Touch
If you like Chromavaders and want to help me bring it to its fullest potential, get in touch! Or if you just want to give feedback, that's great too! You can reach me publicly at the message board, or you can reach me privately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter's also good for either public or private messages.
|Updated||6 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Made with||Unity, Aseprite, Inkscape, LMMS|
|Tags||2D, 8-Bit, Arcade, blocks, mashup, Pixel Art, Retro, Shoot 'Em Up|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any), Joystick|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Configurable controls|
|Player count||1 - 2|
|Links||Homepage, Support, YouTube, Twitter|
Extract the game from the archive and double-click it. No installation is needed.